Web Content Management
Web Content Management Systems (WCM or WCMS) or just Content Management Systems (CMS), are systems (usually web based) that facilitate the creation, management and delivery/publishing of information, typically via corporate websites, portals, extranets or intranets. Content can be simple text, documents, photos, music, videos, or just about any digital thing you can think of and is stored in a database. CSL Solutions in Richmond, VA delivers content management system/application that keeps track of every piece of content on your website and provides procedures to manage your workflow in a collaborative environment.
A major advantage of CSL building a proper content management application (CMA) for you is that it is user-friendly and requires almost no technical skill or knowledge for you to maintain your content. The basic role of the CMA is to allow you to be create, review, approve, authorize and publish content. The content management application enables your editor, reviewer, and other role players to manage the content via any web browser. User interaction is controlled through security, workflow and audit trails and all of this is stored and tracked in a database.
CSL Solutions can deliver a the content delivery application (CDA) for forums, blogs, polls, and other more sophisticated online interactive applications (see below) such as enterprise content, collaboration, documentation management, and online learning. Content Management Systems can be used for corporate websites, secure extranets for trading partners or online communities and intranets. Content Management Systems in large organizations are often referred to as Enterprise Content Management Systems (ECMS).
Advantages of Web Content Management Systems (WCMS)
Currently the trend is towards using Content Management Systems for the following reasons:
- Matured products with fewer software issues and extensive pre-built features
- Improved usability, more functionality with a established upgrade path
- Availability of resources such as CSL Solutions to develop additional functionality
- External support and integration expertise
- Availability of product roadmaps, user/technical documentation, problem knowledge bases, training, and application help
- Not reliant on technical employees within your organization
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Modularity, scalability, and increased security
- Application Program Interface (API) available
- Compliant with standards such as W3C
So why choose anyone else? Contact CSL Solutions in Richmond, VA today for a no-obligation consultation to discuss how we can help you to be successful on the web using our Web Content Management Services. Fill in the contact us form (preferred) or send us an email to email@example.com or call (910) 431-9870.